All inquiries are confidential.
Medical Cannabis Coalition of Hawai‘i c/o Drug Policy Action Group
PO BOX 83, Honolulu, HI, 96810
- MCCHI is a patient and caregiver support network, aimed at informing, listening to, and learning from people who use medical cannabis or who are caregivers for those who do.
- MCCHI is not a government project. It is an independent community driven effort to support medical cannabis patients and caregivers in Hawai‘i.
- MCCHI supports legal use of medical cannabis. It does not promote nor support activities that break Hawai‘i medical cannabis law.
- MCCHI will help all patients, caregivers and physicians follow the law and inform them of any changes.
- MCCHI is strictly confidential – we will never share your information with anyone.
The Medical Cannabis Coalition of Hawai‘i (MCCHI) is a non-partisan, non-profit, independent advocate for patients, caregivers and physicians. Hawai‘i’s current progam’s conflicting rules now drive sick, law-abiding people and their support networks to break the law – simply to obtain their medicine – and we think that’s wrong.
Our aim is to reform the law and educate the public for safe, legal and routine access to medicinal cannabis in Hawai‘i.
MCCHI grew out of the work of the Medical Cannabis Working Group, a hui of community voices (medical cannabis patients, caregivers, physicians and advocates for civil rights, public health, and drug policy reform), who were tasked with researching and documenting, for the legislative record, the state of Hawai‘i Medical Cannabis program. The Working Group reported its recommendations to the Hawai‘i State Legislature in a 2010 document: “Medical Cannabis Working Group Report to the Hawai’i State Legislature” a 35-page report. MCCHI founding members include Hawaii’s Drug Policy Action Group and the American Civil Liberties Union of Hawai’i.
While we advocate for major legislative improvements to the law, we will also share information with the hui about how to navigate the current law, your rights, and how to legally cultivate your own medicine.
With your kōkua, MCCHI will strengthen the voices of the thousands in Hawai‘i who are impacted by the medical marijuana law, press for meaningful reforms and support the needs of this growing community.